Thursday, May 7, 2015

What's Next? ~ You Decide!!


What’s Next is a weekly book meme hosted by Icey Books. For those of you who want to participate, here's how it works:

-Every Thursday, select three-five books (not too many, not too little!) that you want to read but just can’t decide which to read first.

-Post the cover! If you want, add the synopsis or even a random line from the book for each of your selections.

-At the end of your post, ask readers to vote on which one you should read next!


I don't know about you, buy my TBR pile is forever a mile long! Most of the books I have waiting to read are ARC's I've received from NetGalley or directly from authors and publishers. Now, I love reading my ARC's but I also have books that I've actually purchased for myself & have been wanting desperately to read but it seems I can never get to them because I feel committed to finishing my ARC's first. The reality is that this WILL NEVER HAPPEN, I have over 60 books waiting to be read on NetGalley alone! I've recently accepted this fact & decided to start reading these books that I bought. This doesn't mean that I'm giving up on my ARC's, only that I've decided to make some room in my weekly reading :) 

So, starting next week I'll be reading & reviewing one "bought" book along with my committed reads. I'm excited to get started but now can't decide which book to read first!I came across this meme today on The Candid Cover's blog & thought what a perfect way to start this venture, I buy books based on your fabulous reviews so I'll let you all pick! Each week I'll post the cover & synopsis to 3-5 purchased books that I want to read; "vote" by naming the book in the comment section below. If you want, leave a little comment to remind me why I should read your pick. Maybe it's not a book you've read but it's at the top of your TBR list, or maybe you've just read great reviews too. Whatever the reason, I appreciate your vote!  Whichever book has the most votes or "buzz" by Monday, May 18th will be the winner of "What's Next"

The choices are…….



Black Iris by Leah Raeder
It only took one moment of weakness for Laney Keating’s world to fall apart. One stupid gesture for a hopeless crush. Then the rumors began. Slut, they called her. Queer. Psycho. Mentally ill, messed up, so messed up even her own mother decided she wasn't worth sticking around for.

If Laney could erase that whole year, she would. College is her chance to start with a clean slate.

She's not looking for new friends, but they find her: charming, handsome Armin, the only guy patient enough to work through her thorny defenses—and fiery, filterless Blythe, the bad girl and partner in crime who has thorns of her own.

But Laney knows nothing good ever lasts. When a ghost from her past resurfaces—the bully who broke her down completely—she decides it's time to live up to her own legend. And Armin and Blythe are going to help.

Which was the plan all along.

Because the rumors are true. Every single one. And Laney is going to show them just how true.


She's going to show them all. 



Normal: A Novel by Graeme Cameron
He lives in your community, in a nice house with a well-tended garden. He shops in your grocery store, bumping shoulders with you and apologizing with a smile. He drives beside you on the highway, politely waving you into the lane ahead of him.

What you don't know is that he has an elaborate cage built into a secret basement under his garage. And the food that he's carefully shopping for is to feed a young woman he's holding there against her will—one in a string of many, unaware of the fate that awaits her.

This is how it's been for a long time. It's normal... and it works. Perfectly.

Then he meets the checkout girl from the 24-hour grocery. And now the plan, the hunts, the room... the others. He doesn't need any of them anymore. He needs only her. But just as he decides to go straight, the police start to close in. He might be able to cover his tracks, except for one small problem—he still has someone trapped in his garage.

Discovering his humanity couldn't have come at a worse time
.

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Mara Dyer believes life can't get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.
It can.

She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her strangely unharmed.
There is.

She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love.
She's wrong.




Nocte (The Nocte Trilogy #1) by Courtney Cole
SAVE ME AND I'LL SAVE YOU....

My name is Calla Price. I’m eighteen years old, and I’m one half of a whole.
My other half-- my twin brother, my Finn-- is crazy.

I love him. More than life, more than anything. And even though I’m terrified he’ll suck me down with him, no one can save him but me.

I’m doing all I can to stay afloat in a sea of insanity, but I’m drowning more and more each day. So I reach out for a lifeline, Dare DuBray.

He’s my savior and my anti-Christ. His arms are where I feel safe, where I’m afraid, where I belong, where I’m lost. He will heal me, break me, love me and hate me.
He has the power to destroy me.

Maybe that’s ok. Because I can’t seem to save Finn and love Dare without everyone getting hurt.

Why? Because of a secret.
A secret I’m so busy trying to figure out, that I never see it coming.

You won’t either. 

 

Thanks for helping me find my next 5 star read :)


8 comments:

  1. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer sounds like a good choice. I've heard great things about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I've heard great things about it too! It's been on my TBR list the longest, I really want to read it and the cover is just amazing!

      Delete
  2. I am not going to lie I haven't read any but they are all on my TBR - I would personally go with Black Iris because that is at the top of mine - Good luck choosing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace! Ya, Black Iris has been at the top of my list for a long time too, so hard to choose :)

      Delete
  3. Whoaa! Normal sounds creepy! I've heard good things about the Dyer books! I choose that!


    Pearl @ AsteriskPearl's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your vote!! I've heard a ton of great things about the Mara Dyer series, plus the cover is just awesome :) Doesn't Normal sound super creepy?? All the reviews for that one have been great that I've read. This is why I needed your guys' help, so hard to choose :)

      Delete
  4. The unbecoming of mara dyer because the cover is amazing and the synopsis sounds really interesting

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though I'm leaving this up till tomorrow it sounds like Mara Dyer is the clear winner :) thanks for heping me choose by voting!!

    ReplyDelete