Friday, September 4, 2015

Feature & Follow Friday (7) Movies I Wish Were Books First!

Welcome to Feature and Follow Friday, a weekly meme hosted by the wonderful bloggers, Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. The goal of this blog hop is to gain followers, discover new blogs, and make new friends! What makes this blog hop different than others (and the reason I chose to link up) is that each week both hosts showcase a "Featured Blogger" ~ what a great way to get to know bloggers from different genres and areas!!

 This weeks featured bloggers are Newbie Librarians and (looks like we only have 1 this week!), check out their blogs, see what they're about, and then give them a follow!

Question of The Week:

Name a movie you would have loved to read as a book (That is not a book already, obviously!) - Suggested by Go Book Yourself

First, I want to just say how much I LOVE this week's question! This is something I actually think about often. Whenever I see a preview or hear about a movie that sounds amazing & incredible I always look to see if it's a book so that I can read it first. So, I actually have a pretty long list of favorite movies that I wish would have been books first. Rather than just sharing one with you, I'm sharing the one that's at the top of my list along with a few others interesting choices :)


I probably don't need to explain this choice, do I? The Matrix Trilogy would have been AMAZING as a book trilogy! Seriously, this book would have BLOWN my mind wide open and I can only imagine how much more of the story, world building, and characterizations we would have discovered if this had been a book first! The Matrix is one of those movies where you almost have to watch it a few times to fully grasp and wrap your mind around everything that's happening within its complicated and often complex plot. As a book, it would have been much easier to grasp every little nuance of the story! So there you have it, my top pick :)


Noteworthy Mentions: 

As a neo-noir psychological thriller, Memento would have made an amazing book and would have fallen under my favorite genre, thrillers that are dark and gritty! This movie was fascinating and had such an original, unique concept for it's time.


 I would have loved for any of John Hughes movies to have been written as a book by him first to see how he would have expanded oh his characters, The Breakfast Club just happens to be my all time favorite!



As a Professor, an Archaeologist, and an Adventurer, Indy still remains the greatest film hero of all time! Imagine the possibilities a book series would have provided, I could easily see 10-15 books keeping Indy alive, hunting down his treasures! 


Thanks all and Happy Friday!!!

 

13 comments:

  1. Great picks! I love The Breakfast Club especially! I agree, John Hughes should have written the books, then made the movies. Imagine how funny Sixteen Candles would have been, and Jake would have been a great book boyfriend! Thanks for visiting my blog! New Bloglovin follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! He was such a brilliant writer! Would have loved for him to written a novel :) Thanks so much for stopping by and following!

      Delete
  2. OMG!! "The Matrix" and Indiana Jones film trilogies!! AMAZING choices!! I should have thought of them myself...... These movies would make such fascinating books! Besides, Keanu Reeves and Harrison Ford are two of my favorite movie boyfriends!

    As for "The Breakfast Club", I've heard of it, but have never seen it. It looks good, though. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. I follow your blog with Bloglovin'. Hope you can come over and check out my pick!

      http://anightsdreamofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/09/welcome-to-feature-follow-friday-this.html

      Delete
    2. OMG your kidding right? Please tell me your kidding & your not really telling me that you've NEVER seen The Breakfast Club!!!! Please stop what your doing, put down your book, and GO WATCH IT NOW!!! Lol it's like the ultimate, best, teen angst 80's movie EVER John Hughes was a brilliant writer (for movies) and would have loved this to be a book. Ok, rant over phew!!! Yes, Keanu and Harrison are so swoon worthy right?? And I don't care how old Indy gets, he's still such a stud Lol Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting! I've been to yours as well and followed you :)

      Delete
  3. Oh wow Awesome choices I have seen all the movies except for Memento which looks and sounds absolutely Amazing. But all these movies would of make Fantastic books and I would of sooo devour to read each and every one of them. New Follower on Google+, GFC, Bloglovin, FB, and Twitter. Thank you for stopping by and following my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend you watch Memento if you've not seen it! Judging by the types of books you read I think you'd really enjoy it :) Better yet; lets just put Vin Diesel, Harrison Ford, Keanue Reeves, Guy Pierce & Judd Nelson in their own book series together. How awesome would that be Lol Thanks for stopping by and following, I really appreciate it :)

      I followed you back on FB & Twitter, old follower everywhere else!

      Delete
  4. Awesome choices! The Breakfast Club is such a fun movie and could totally be transformed into an amazing book! Following you back on some new platforms :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always thought Breakfast Club would have been an amazing YA book! Any of John Hughes movies really, he wrote such fantastic screenplays. I could only imagine what a book written by him would have been like :)
      Thanks for following!!

      Delete
  5. I love your choices, especially The Matrix and Memento -- i thought the same that you did about The Matrix: http://editingeverything.com/blog/2015/09/04/feature-and-follow-friday-14/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I love your choice of Terminator as a series! Nice to find another geeky girl, sci-fi fan :)

      Thanks for stopping by & commenting!

      Delete
  6. Of course Indiana Jones! I love that archaeologist! New bloglovin follower! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you believe I haven't seen The Breakfast Club? I know I know. I should watch it. I hope to do so sometimes soon and I hope I like it :)

    ReplyDelete